March 03, 2014
Enterprise pricing starts at £38,312 for a single data center site with 20 ESXi CPU sockets; a free community edition for up to three hosts is also available.
Compare that with a virtual data centre, which is much smaller physically, and administrators may have unfettered (and unmonitored) access across the entire system. That is where the notion of concentration of risk comes in. That which is easy to access is easy to compromise. Add the possibility for a public cloud where your data is, essentially, outside your direct control, and you have a compact target for attack. So a solution to that challenge needs to be built from the ground up to address both the environment and the threats. That is exactly what HyTrust CloudControl does.
CloudControl supports strong authentication, role-based access control, rule of four eyes (two-person) enforcement, policy enforcement, root password vaulting and infrastructure hardening. It can integrate with Intel's TXT system as well. Also, CloudControl is an excellent security administration tool from the perspectives of compliance and analysis. The menus and drill-downs are lucid and practical, and the tight integration with VMware and Active Directory adds to the product's versatility and power.
Prices are US-based, thus indicative only.
At a glance
Price Enterprise pricing starts at £38,312 for a single data center site with 20 ESXi CPU sockets; a free community edition for up to three hosts is also available.
What it does Cloud security automation mitigates the concentration of risk caused by virtualization.
What we liked Protection of the management infrastructure internally.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry