Jay Gambetta, a research manager for IBM took to the stage this morning at IP Expo Europe 2016 to explain the advances IBM are making in research into quantum computing.
IBM Security today announced the results of a global study which found that the average cost of a data breach for companies surveyed has grown to £2.8 million, representing a 29 percent increase since 2013.
Russian banking malware, Marcher, is headed for the UK in a big way - banks and consumers are urged to be on guard.
The US US Government Accountability Office has released a report showing that The Pentagon is controlling its nuclear arms with computers from the 1970's.
A trio of students from St Petersburg State University in Russia have been dubbed world champions in the 40th annual ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest (ICPC) finals.
Artificial intelligence could make catching hackers more elementary but will cyber-criminals adopt the technology and could it make cyber-security professionals redundant?
Malicious attachments and links, ShellShock and Denial of Service (DOS) attacks were the top three cyber-threats facing the financial sector, which suffered having 20 million records breached last year, according to a new study released by IBM.
Named after mythological figures, these two trojans are set to target some major financial institutions in the UK
Researchers at Secunia detected nearly 10,000 vulnerabilities in nearly 2,000 products, including Oracle Solaris and IBM i5/OS.
In this week's In Case You Missed It (ICYMI): IBM warning over masterful Shifu, Carphone Warehouse attack was a wake-up call, KeyRaider targets jailbroken iPhones, pre-empt the EU and safeguard data now, and thousands of vulnerable Android apps found with new scanner.
IBM researchers have found the 'Shifu' Trojan attacking Japanese banks, as well as new information-stealing malware called CoreBot - both with Russian origins.
The growing threat posed by ransomware and the possibility that cyber-criminals will graduate from extorting end users to large corporations topped the worry list of IBM's X-Force threat team in its Q3 threat intelligence report.
An IBM security research team has uncovered an additional flaw in Android that can give a malicious app the ability to fully control a device.
IBM has a £2 billion development programme better integrate data into its plaforms via a new internet of things unit, as well as creating a new a cloud platform.
Average total cost of a data breach has increased by 15 percent in the last 11 months; consultants increase risk says new Ponemon report.
Context-aware security can make intelligent decisions while allowing mobile users to get the job done.
A New Year means new jobs for IT security experts.
Just spent 30 minutes in the company of IBM's Brian J Truskowski, General Manager, ISS and Global Technology Services on cloud, smarter security and what...
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry