In case you missed it this week, our most popular stories included the news of biggest ever DDoS attack, Krebs dropped over other massive DDoS and future queen's younger sister hacked.
A man who allegedly hacked into the iCloud account of Pippa Middleton, sister of the Duchess of Cambridge, has been arrested.
This week, biometrics isn't quite up to scratch for banking, Amex breached and SC Magazine UK released its finalists for the upcoming 2016 awards.
Researchers at John Hopkins University have discovered a 0-day bug in Apple's encryption that allowed them to hack an iCloud photo being sent via the secure iMessage system.
Having your iCloud account hijacked may be as bad, if not worse, than a ransomware attack because hackers can use Apple's Find My Mac security feature to remotely lock out a device's owner and demand payment to unlock it.
Researchers at Malwarebytes have spotted thieves using a phishing scheme to unlock stolen iPhones.
Last August, a trove of private images leaked online following a series of targeted brute force attacks against celebrity accounts in iCloud, says Silvio Kutic.
A new study has found that almost half (47 percent) of UK consumers are taking a greater interest in being safe online.
This week's In Case You Missed It looks at the five most popular articles on SC, including news on Lizard Squad and old security predictions.
A hole in iCloud's security allowed attackers to access any iCloud account via a brute force attack that side-stepped blocks - but it is now reported to have been patched.
This week's In Case You Missed It column looks at the Internet of Things, Apple's troubles in China and a strongly worded goodbye note by the outgoing head of GCHQ.
Celebgate 2: a depressing weekend for some celebrities as more hacked pictures leaked from iCloud.
Enterprises are questioning their cloud strategy after Apple's iCloud service was implicated in the leak of nude celebrity photos. But should one bad Apple spoil the bunch?
Researcher finds more attempts to steal private photos, while Symantec spots a botnet campaign to steal Apple account data.
As Apple's reputation is battered, experts explain how to keep your cloud data securely
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- ICYMI: CEO Sacked; MS Zero-day; Passwords dropped; Ransomware wild, charging hack
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry