Identity Finder Sensitive Data Manager
November 03, 2014
Starts at £15,458.53 for 100 seats.
Because of the complicated nature of today's enterprises, data discovery can be challenging. Sensitive Data Manager ties discovery to business issues making classification easier and more relevant. The process needs to be: discover, identify and classify data in the business context. That is exactly what this tool does. You cannot protect your data if you don't know where it is.
Searches can be performed using agents or agentlessly. This is what the developer calls a "split agent/console design." A console can perform agentless searches or you can place agents on Windows, Mac or Linux machines. In either case, the searches are managed by the data aggregator and policy engine. Applying the policies can result either in forcing or restricting user behaviour.
One thing we especially liked was its ability to classify legacy documents based on policy. As well, it integrates cleanly with other systems, such as Active Directory. The end-user interface is lucid and easy to use and the product has integrated OCR-enabling character recognition from a variety of documents and document types.
There are numerous reports and displays that allow users to see data in just about any way one can imagine. Automatic remediation is available, allowing data to be redacted or entire documents to be shredded. With its solid forensic audit trail it is perfect for data retention and eDiscovery. Custom reporting is easy - all drag-and-drop - and everything is done through the use of wizards.
Overall, this is about as complete as it gets with a clean, intuitive user interface and lots of features.
At a glance
Product Sensitive Data Manager
Company Identity Finder
Price Starts at £15,458.53 for 100 seats.
What it does Data discovery and classification.
What we liked Ease of use and comprehensive data discovery.
Prices are US-based, thus indicative only.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Information Security Risk Manager, £45-55k + bens
Infosec People - West Midlands, England, Coventry
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £55-63k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Aldershot, Hampshire
Security Architect, Cardiff - to £70k Basic
Infosec People - Cardiff, Wales
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Met Police grab suspect with phone unlocked to get hold of data
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- Same fate befalls Post Office broadband as hit DT?
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Former Expedia IT employee admits to hacking execs from the inside
- Cyber-insurance: What will you be able to claim for and is it worth it?
- Levelling the playing field against targeted attacks
- India Supreme Court calls on tech giants to curb sexual assault, cyber-crime
- IoTSF conference: EU should become de facto regulator