With a reported 20,000 customers losing money over the weekend, Tesco Bank appears to be struggling to deal with the volume of customers demanding their money back. Should Tesco have been better prepared?
Rory Duncan argues that companies need to invest not only in detective and defensive controls, but also in the ability to take action when an attack is occurring
Andrew Sheldon discusses how there is considerable danger in allowing digital forensic triage to be carried out in haste or in ignorance
Shai Morag discusses the importance of endpoint visibility for a large organisation, what stands in the way of organisations maturing their endpoint visibility and ways technology can help ascertain this essential missing piece of the incident response puzzle.
A group of industry experts joined for a panel to discuss enterprise-wide cyber-incident response plans and proactive techniques for a rapid response and three of the four panellists agreed it's all about the people.
In today's cyber-threat landscape, the importance of incident response (IR) as a critical priority is fast gaining traction among the security community says John Bruce.
Roughly 77 percent of organisations are unprepared for cyber-security incidents according to research by NTT Com in its 2016 Global Threat Intelligence Report.
When it comes to cyber-security, almost half of organisations rely on luck to get them through a cyber-attacks says Bethany Mayer.
Haroon Malik describes how CISOs can develop a cyber-security resilience strategy by having a clear vision of where they are going and what needs to be done.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- The information security implications of M&A deals
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success