Information Commissioner’s Office
The ICO has levied a £180,000 fine against a London HIV clinic for accidentally divulging the names and email addresses of 780 patients.
The National Childbirth Trust has become the latest victim of hackers seeking to plunder data from every source possible on the internet.
The UK's data privacy watchdog, the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), has been freed from the control of the Ministry of Justice.
Norman Shaw looks at the causes of data breaches, what it costs and what the market needs to consider in order to protect itself.
The directors of Bettys & Taylors of Harrogate have pledged to harden security on the Bettys.co.uk website and keep customers informed, after details of 122,000 customers were lost in a data breach.
BT is being investigated by the UK's privacy watchdog, the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), over claims that the user names and passwords of millions of its email customers were exposed to hacking.
Only 27 per cent of organisations surveyed globally have well-defined network BYOD policies in place according to new research from Dimension Data.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Researchers hack Visa cards in six seconds
- The information security implications of M&A deals
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?