SCMagazineUK.com caught up with Pen Test Partners' Ken Munro at InfoSec 2016 to talk about how he recently hacked his own Mitusbishi Outlander Hybrid
While cyber-criminals work together, businesses and law enforcement have a harder time doing so.
Mikko Hypponen undressed the recent SWIFT affiliate heists at Infosec 2016
An alarming 36 percent of businesses have yet to develop a cyber-attack response plan.
In the drive to increase efficiency, organisations have outsourced many 'non-core' functions so how can they mitigate the information risks of using third-party IT suppliers?
A group of industry experts joined for a panel to discuss enterprise-wide cyber-incident response plans and proactive techniques for a rapid response and three of the four panellists agreed it's all about the people.
Don't panic, prioritise and plan for EU GDPR - and if you do the right thing for your customer, the chances are you will be compliant and avoid potentially hefty fines for data breach.
Dr Jessica Barker took to the stage at InfoSecurity Europe 2016 to explain why social engineering works and what we can do to reduce its effectiveness.
Lord Hague says there is no "absolute right for privacy" in our modern digital lives while encouraging partnerships between government and business.
WhiteHat Security's vice president, Ryan O'Leary, says "security has to come from within", explaining that "no vendor will be able to help you if you don't secure your software or web application from the get-go."
Mikko Hyppönen, security guru and chief research officer at F-secure, has been trawling through the malware archives, finding interesting precursors of today's criminal toolkit.
Mimecast warns organisations relying on cyber insurance: your policies may not be fully up-to-date in covering new social engineering email attacks.
Its not security awareness, but changing behaviour that's the problem, and it takes time and effort to get it right delegates were told at InfoSec 2016.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Technical Information Security Consultant
Adeptis - Kent
Senior Security Analyst
Adeptis - Kent
Business Development Manager (IT Security Services)
Adeptis - Reading, Berkshire
Senior Network Security Engineer, London, £68-85k + package
Infosec People - England, London
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Met Police grab suspect with phone unlocked to get hold of data
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- Report: Mirai 'is just the tip of the iceberg'
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- 400% increase in POS malware variants across US Thanksgiving weekend
- Only 25% of businesses can effectively detect and respond to data breaches
- Is BYOD your company's norm? Beware the ghosts of data past this Christmas
- Over 400,000 phishing sites have been detected each month in 2016
- TalkTalk customers urged to get routers swapped over hacker fears