FireEye's Kevin Mandia shared insights into the world of cyber-intelligence this morning at a press briefing in London's Ritz Hotel.
A filing to the Securities and Exchange Commission has revealed that Yahoo knew about the hack which stole details of 500 million of its users back in 2014.
After a hacker got into the phone of Democratic Congressman Ted Lieu, the California lawmaker is asking for an investigation.
The reFUD.me malware services website has been taken down thanks to a joint effort between the National Crime Agency and Trend Micro.
Some commentators are calling for the acceleration of the controversial Investigatory Powers Bill in the wake of Friday's attack in the French capital.
Industrial control systems running on outmoded operating systems and ancient hardware present special challenges for forensic investigators trying to track down malware, Mark Fabro told SCMagazineUK.com at 4SICS last week.
The digitisation of all aspects of business and growing volumes of digital storage are causing the global digital forensics industry to expand rapidly.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- The information security implications of M&A deals
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success