A fundamental fault in the SSL handshake could allow hackers to use subvert MacOS and iOS devices and recruit them into a DDoS attack.
Apple is offering up to $200,000 to researchers reporting critical security vulnerabilities in Apple software, including its underlying operating system.
Researcher finds that WhatsApp leaves traces of all chats in the database of iOS devices, leaving the user vulnerable should the phone be forensically examined.
FireEye researchers have released a report which details potential security issues with software used to dynamically patch iOS apps.
Problems and vulnerabilities are still abound in mobile banking apps despite improvement over the last two years.
Jailbroken iPhones are being hit with a new iOS trojan called TinyV, according to several industry experts.
Researchers call on tech companies to improve security measures to protect data from mobile apps falling into the wrong hands.
Nearly 88 percent of Android devices have been exposed to at least one critical vulnerability, according to research from the University of Cambridge.
Iphone malware around for ten months and over 100 apps compromised
A new vulnerability has been discovered in the iOS and OS X supported AirDrop function, allowing attackers to wirelessly infect devices.
SYNful Knock, a new kind of malware has been found on Cisco routers around the globe. Cyber-security experts say this represents a threat previously thought only theoretical.
As many as 225,000 Apple iPhone users have had their account details hacked in what is said to be the biggest attack of its kind against the firm's user base.
iOS 8.4 could have a hard time making apps go to sleep, according to security researchers at FireEye.
By downloading an exception text file that is inserted into the ad blocker configuration files, the Genieo adware variant approach could be used to perform other actions that you don't want, not just allowing adware.
"Quicksand" sandbox vulnerability could enable rogue apps
Hackers have discovered a way of attacking iOS devices, allowing the installation of malware using compromised versions of popular apps. Vulnerability affects non-jailbroken devices
Security flaws would have allowed remote code execution and Man-in-the-Middle attacks
Dead and stale apps are the biggest threat vector from mobile devices, says Appthority.
SSL flaw in AFNetworking secure communications library puts iOS and iPad apps at risk.
A new Apple flaw opens up iOS and OS X devices to remotely activated denial of service attacks.
Android and iOS apps are still vulnerable to attacks exploiting the Freak SSL flaw, despite Apple and Google having issued patches.
The latest In Case You Missed It column looks at the biggest stories on SC this week, including the alleged NSA/GCHQ hack on Gemalto and our interview with Eugene Kaspersky.
Researchers at network threat prevention company FireEye have uncovered a revived iOS Masque Attack, a vulnerability that originally surfaced in November 2014.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- ICYMI: CEO Sacked; MS Zero-day; Passwords dropped; Ransomware wild, charging hack
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry