The Tribunal which oversees UK foreign and domestic intelligence has handed down a damning judgement that the intelligence services unlawfully collected the personal data of UK citizens for over a decade.
Nic Scott discusses how the IP Bill will fundamentally change the relationship between UK citizens and the government.
David Anderson QC, the UK anti-terror laws watchdog, has published a detailed report explaining why he is in favour of the Investigatory Powers Bill.
Ireland may soon be getting something very similar to the UK's Investigatory Powers bill if deputy prime minister Frances Fitzgerald's expected recommendations are made.
Russia's lower house of parliament approved sweeping anti-terrorism legislation that requires companies to decrypt any message sent by users.
Most MPs in the UK House of Commons have agreed to pass the Investigatory Powers Bill, in a vote of 444-69 in favour, most Labour MPs who had appeared to be against the bill voted in favour of it.
Privacy International has filed for Judicial Review at the UK's High Court, challenging the Investigatory Powers Tribunal's (IPT) decision to allow the Government to issue 'thematic warrants' which allow for general hacking.
Bulk collection is on the ropes as the ECJ will clarify whether UK security legislation is consistent with European law.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry