IP EXPO 16
Sophos' Greg Iddon told an audience at IP Expo 2016 some of the ways to spot - and stop - social engineering
According to Tim Grieveson, chief cyber strategist at HP, the coming year will look very different for the illicit data trade
James Lyne, global head of security research at Sophos, says he is trying to understand why the average person thinks they are not a target for cyber-criminals and how to get that message across to them.
Dr Jessica Barker warns against alienating your users if you want to get them onside in the fight to secure your information network.
Jay Gambetta, a research manager for IBM took to the stage this morning at IP Expo Europe 2016 to explain the advances IBM are making in research into quantum computing.
AI enables us to work smarter but is it an existential threat to humanity asks Nick Bostrom, University of Oxford and director of both the Future of Humanity Institute and the Strategic Artificial Intelligence Research Centre.
Josh Corman, founder of I Am the Cavalry, spoke at IP EXPO Europe 2016 and pointed the finger at the software supply chain to tackle cyber-threats, arguing that we need fewer and better suppliers.
Eugene Kaspersky, CEO of Kaspersky Lab speaks at IP EXPO Europe 2016 and explains why he believes cyber-attackers are now turning their attention to critical national infrastructure.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Information Security Risk Manager, £45-55k + bens
Infosec People - West Midlands, England, Coventry
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £55-63k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Aldershot, Hampshire
Security Architect, Cardiff - to £70k Basic
Infosec People - Cardiff, Wales
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Met Police grab suspect with phone unlocked to get hold of data
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- The information security implications of M&A deals
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Over 400,000 phishing sites have been detected each month in 2016
- TalkTalk customers urged to get routers swapped over hacker fears
- Report: Mirai 'is just the tip of the iceberg'
- Avalanche takedown involved searches in 40 countries
- India Supreme Court calls on tech giants to curb sexual assault, cyber-crime