January 2008 Issue of SCMagazine UK
SC Magazine January 2008
The British public are becoming used to major data losses occurring within public agencies, with the incidents at HMRC and DVLA forming part of a ...
Many think of the security industry as the dark side of IT, so it seems in many ways apposite that one of Europe's foremost security ...
Large-scale data breaches across both the private and public sectors dominated the news throughout the year. Rob Buckley looks back.
The loss of two disks with details of 25 million people was far from an isolated incident. What is going on at HMRC?
One of the most trusted security elements, it can nonetheless be misconfigured and play right into the hands of the hacker.
Paul Fisher met up with the co-founder and CEO of Trend Micro, Eva Chen during a recent visit to London. A wide ranging discussion touched ...
The public's idea of confidentiality is not compatible with the way their details are handled.
Simply sticking a disclaimer at the bottom of an email is no get-out-of-jail-free card, warns Tamzin Matthew.
Encryption is pointless if not applied to an entire session. It only gives users a false sense of security.
The media may be overhyping the threat of card fraud, but it is time to rethink our reliance on passwords.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Researchers hack Visa cards in six seconds
- The information security implications of M&A deals
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?