January 2008 Issue of SCMagazine UK
SC Magazine January 2008
The British public are becoming used to major data losses occurring within public agencies, with the incidents at HMRC and DVLA forming part of a ...
Many think of the security industry as the dark side of IT, so it seems in many ways apposite that one of Europe's foremost security ...
Large-scale data breaches across both the private and public sectors dominated the news throughout the year. Rob Buckley looks back.
The loss of two disks with details of 25 million people was far from an isolated incident. What is going on at HMRC?
One of the most trusted security elements, it can nonetheless be misconfigured and play right into the hands of the hacker.
Paul Fisher met up with the co-founder and CEO of Trend Micro, Eva Chen during a recent visit to London. A wide ranging discussion touched ...
The public's idea of confidentiality is not compatible with the way their details are handled.
Simply sticking a disclaimer at the bottom of an email is no get-out-of-jail-free card, warns Tamzin Matthew.
Encryption is pointless if not applied to an entire session. It only gives users a false sense of security.
The media may be overhyping the threat of card fraud, but it is time to rethink our reliance on passwords.
SC Webcasts UK
Sign up to our newsletters
DV Cleared Systems Architect - 6 Months - London
Computerfutures - London (North), London (Greater)
CISO – Chief Information Security Officer (Up to £100K)
Evolution Recruitment - London (North), London (Greater)
Head of Security Strategy – London
Evolution Recruitment - London (West), London (Greater)
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Associate Professor in Cyber Security and Networking
Edinburgh Napier University - Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Snowden says Shadow Broker leak is likely a warning from Russia
- Private firms to chase cyber-criminals for cash bounties, say police
- Russia's Central Bank introduces new mandatory cyber-security regulations
- Is Android as easy to secure as the latest AV-TEST results appear to suggest?
- The General Data Protection Regulation - A post Brexit positive for British enterprise
- It's a trap! WhatsApp Gold 'premium' version lures users to malware
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- Microsoft ends common password use and password lockout
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- 1.5 billion Windows computers potentially affected by unpatched 0-day exploit