July 2014 Issue of SCMagazine UK
This issue features Women in IT security: their roles and their future in the industry, from the perspective of some of the industry's top women. Also: the true safety of cloud computing; The EU data protection regulation; and other news.
Revelations of government surveillance are fuelling a paranoia that isn't going to subside. So should firms be afraid of adopting cloud?
Delegates and panelists debate breach liability, response, and the need for a plan of action.
The EU is inching ever closer to putting the much-anticipated EU General Data Protection Regulation on the statute books, and that could see many companies ...
With a military background in insider threat, Jane Wainwright tackled threats from inside and out to secure London's 2012 Olympics.
Amichai Shulman and Sarb Sembhi whether or not anti-virus is dead
A conversation with Jane Wainwright, Co-founder Women's Security Society and now senior manager at PWC.
2 minutes on keeping security at the forefront by working with third-parties
The first update to the Computer Misuse Act since 1990, Operation Tovar combats infamous malware and more security news.
The latest news on the people and companies at the forefront of information security.
Mark D. Parker dissects deperimeterisation - what it is and how to prevent it.
Why don't more women choose information security as a profession? What are the barriers, and what can be done to rectify the situation?
In the current print issue, SC Magazine UK talks to women in the industry about their experience, asks if data is secure when held by ...
Mentoring and promotion of success can increase the presence and profile of women in security, but mostly, women must seize their own opportunities says Barbara ...
With employees mixing personal and business applications on their mobile devices, parameters for security must be imposed. The product-set offers value for money.
With employees mixing personal and business applications on their mobile devices, parameters for security must be imposed. This product is also considered very good value ...
With employees mixing personal and business applications on their mobile devices, parameters for security must be imposed. We find this product is very good value ...
SC Webcasts UK
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- New PayPal phishing scam hooking victims
- Symantec products vulnerable to buffer overflow bug
- Call centre fraud spikes 45 percent as payment card security improves
- Anti-virus software stops surgery to scan medical monitor for malware
- The ransomware epidemic shows firms are failing the security basics
- Resilience in the mid-market: Improving incident response capabilities of mid-sized organisations
- Industry's cyber-security "market failure" must be addressed
- Tech support scammers turn to screen locking malware to fleece victims
- 75% of European SMEs staff confident in their company mobile security
- 'Digital Batman' hacktivist posts video of cyber-attack on Catalan police site