March 2014 Issue of SCMagazine UK
This month's features cover the fast approaching demise of Windows XP support, as well as the latest on Big Data analytics.
Some may say that the lack of a recognised entry qualification for the information security industry is a good thing, for while professionalising ensures a ...
There are better paths to authentication than passwords, primarily using multifactor and biometric tools, says Peter Stephenson
he IronKey F200 Biometric Flash Drive by Imation comes in several sizes for different uses. The first noticeable aspect out of the box is the ...
ecureAuth IdP is a good choice for an authentication solution because it supports a variety of multi-platform authentication devices and the server can be setup ...
SecurEnvoy’s SecurAccess is a product for authentication using multifactor and/or biometrics. This class of products provide enhanced security for users providing credentials for access to ...
With Windows XP fast approaching its end-of-support deadline, many firms are going to be at risk of attack, reports Kate O'Flaherty.
IT decision makers are leveraging Big Data security analytics tools to serve up more information on threats, reports Doug Drinkwater.
The UK aims to be the safest place to do business online, but that aim is potentially undermined by cyber security skills shortages, says (ISC)²'s ...
Precautions must be taken to protect your Bitcoin horde, says LogRhythm's Mark Vankempen
Being alert to the danger of outside attacks is one thing, but like charity, security begins at home. Expect the unexpected, warns Geoff Sweeney, CTO ...
Cyber security can't remain an IT issue. It needs to be addressed and filtered from the C-suite throughout the business, explains Rangu Salgame, CEO of ...
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry