March 2014 Issue of SCMagazine UK
This month's features cover the fast approaching demise of Windows XP support, as well as the latest on Big Data analytics.
Some may say that the lack of a recognised entry qualification for the information security industry is a good thing, for while professionalising ensures a ...
There are better paths to authentication than passwords, primarily using multifactor and biometric tools, says Peter Stephenson
he IronKey F200 Biometric Flash Drive by Imation comes in several sizes for different uses. The first noticeable aspect out of the box is the ...
ecureAuth IdP is a good choice for an authentication solution because it supports a variety of multi-platform authentication devices and the server can be setup ...
SecurEnvoy’s SecurAccess is a product for authentication using multifactor and/or biometrics. This class of products provide enhanced security for users providing credentials for access to ...
With Windows XP fast approaching its end-of-support deadline, many firms are going to be at risk of attack, reports Kate O'Flaherty.
IT decision makers are leveraging Big Data security analytics tools to serve up more information on threats, reports Doug Drinkwater.
The UK aims to be the safest place to do business online, but that aim is potentially undermined by cyber security skills shortages, says (ISC)²'s ...
Precautions must be taken to protect your Bitcoin horde, says LogRhythm's Mark Vankempen
Being alert to the danger of outside attacks is one thing, but like charity, security begins at home. Expect the unexpected, warns Geoff Sweeney, CTO ...
Cyber security can't remain an IT issue. It needs to be addressed and filtered from the C-suite throughout the business, explains Rangu Salgame, CEO of ...
SC Webcasts UK
Sign up to our newsletters
DV Cleared Systems Architect - 6 Months - London
Computerfutures - London (North), London (Greater)
CISO – Chief Information Security Officer (Up to £100K)
Evolution Recruitment - London (North), London (Greater)
Head of Security Strategy – London
Evolution Recruitment - London (West), London (Greater)
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Associate Professor in Cyber Security and Networking
Edinburgh Napier University - Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Russia's Central Bank introduces new mandatory cyber-security regulations
- Singapore to shut off internet access for government agencies
- Epic hack, thousands of salted logins stolen
- 6 in 10 universities hit by ransomware, 2/3 hit multiple times
- What exactly will this new bill of rights mean for privacy laws within the UK?
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- Microsoft ends common password use and password lockout
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- 1.5 billion Windows computers potentially affected by unpatched 0-day exploit
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- ICYMI: Russian banks, Singapore, ransomware on campus, gaming hacks and more Snowden
- Advocacy groups urge FCC in the US to address connected car technology threat
- Lost devices leading cause of data breaches, report
- WhatsApp to share customer data with Facebook
- Hackers exploit vBulletin flaw to access 27M accounts on 11 websites