March 2014 Issue of SCMagazine UK
This month's features cover the fast approaching demise of Windows XP support, as well as the latest on Big Data analytics.
Some may say that the lack of a recognised entry qualification for the information security industry is a good thing, for while professionalising ensures a ...
There are better paths to authentication than passwords, primarily using multifactor and biometric tools, says Peter Stephenson
he IronKey F200 Biometric Flash Drive by Imation comes in several sizes for different uses. The first noticeable aspect out of the box is the ...
ecureAuth IdP is a good choice for an authentication solution because it supports a variety of multi-platform authentication devices and the server can be setup ...
SecurEnvoy’s SecurAccess is a product for authentication using multifactor and/or biometrics. This class of products provide enhanced security for users providing credentials for access to ...
With Windows XP fast approaching its end-of-support deadline, many firms are going to be at risk of attack, reports Kate O'Flaherty.
IT decision makers are leveraging Big Data security analytics tools to serve up more information on threats, reports Doug Drinkwater.
The UK aims to be the safest place to do business online, but that aim is potentially undermined by cyber security skills shortages, says (ISC)²'s ...
Precautions must be taken to protect your Bitcoin horde, says LogRhythm's Mark Vankempen
Being alert to the danger of outside attacks is one thing, but like charity, security begins at home. Expect the unexpected, warns Geoff Sweeney, CTO ...
Cyber security can't remain an IT issue. It needs to be addressed and filtered from the C-suite throughout the business, explains Rangu Salgame, CEO of ...
SC Webcasts UK
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- It's a trap! WhatsApp Gold 'premium' version lures users to malware
- Surrey teenager charged under Computer Misuse Act over Mumsnet hack
- Two-year GDPR honeymoon period starts today
- Cerber ransomware on sale in Russian darknet with new scripting features
- Tech support scammers turn to screen locking malware to fleece victims
- Email error leaks hundreds of Northern Ireland prison officer details
- Don't connect your charging cell to a computer or you may get hacked!
- Wekby cyber-criminals use DNS tunnelling for command and control of malware
- ICYMI: WhatsApp trap; Cerber RaaS; LinkedIn loss; Screen lock; 2 yrs to GDPR
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack