September 2007 Issue of SCMagazine UK
SC Magazine September 2007
The House of Lords science and technology committee has delivered its verdict on the online world with the publication of its report on personal internet ...
Recent high-profile security breaches are making it harder to separate the key issues from the hype. Barry Mansfield asks top experts for their advice.
Venture capitalists are on a shopping spree. For budding infosec entrepreneurs in need of cash, this could be the answer. By Richard Willsher.
A background in banking has given the ScanSafe CEO and co-founder the drive and confidence to tackle the market head-on.
The financial services sector needs to boost its IT security defences, says Geoff Sweeney.
Businesses may have reasons to monitor email, but they must protect employees' privacy.
As we start to pay bills and surf the web from our mobile phones, it's not the handsets thieves will be after.
Don't take log files as absolute truth. They're only as reliable as the systems that generated them.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Researchers hack Visa cards in six seconds
- The information security implications of M&A deals
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?