UK PC users are making progress when it comes to patching software vulnerabilities, however big challenges still remain.
Node.js admits to two critical security flaws but delays patching
"This is more proof that the Apple Mac is nowhere near as resilient to attacks as people think it is" - Nigel Stanley, Incoming Thought analyst
Microsoft Office 365's security outlook: cloudy
Corporate Android mobile phone users are warned that potentially billions of apps running on these devices could be hijacked by attackers using a vulnerability first highlighted over two years ago.
Cisco 2014 Annual Security Report launched
Patch Tuesday sees major slew of vulnerabilities to be fixed
Hundreds of thousands of visitors to the Yahoo.com website may have encountered malware from the website's own advertising servers, according to security experts.
Oracle say 12 of the new vulnerabilities identified in Java could allow full take-over of a device if left unfixed.
A recent Java update was only downloaded by seven per cent of users.
Oracle has said that making Java more secure is a priority, as it lines up regular patch updates.
Facebook has blamed a Java zero-day for a recent attack.
After a widely reported zero-day vulnerability affecting Java and another rumoured to be trading for $5,000, Oracle has admitted that there has been a 'relative silence on the issue' around Java security.
Just days after patching the zero-day vulnerability in Java, Oracle is facing another known exploit with an underground price tag of $5,000.
Oracle has announced a security update for the zero-day flaw in Java that was widely reported last week that will be released soon.
Qualys has launched a business version of its BrowserCheck plug-in to help users identify and fix browser security issues.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Information Security Risk Manager, £45-55k + bens
Infosec People - West Midlands, England, Coventry
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £55-63k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Aldershot, Hampshire
Security Architect, Cardiff - to £70k Basic
Infosec People - Cardiff, Wales
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- Met Police grab suspect with phone unlocked to get hold of data
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report