East African banks are on high alert as experts bring news of zero day attacks on the continent's banks.
The Russian Federal Antimonopoly Service has launched a probe into Microsoft after Eugene Kaspersky made a number of accusations about Windows 10.
Harold T. Martin III, 51, who worked for Booz Allen Hamilton, was arrested after an FBI search of his home and car uncovered an abundance of highly classified documents, which Martin was not authorized to have
Eugene Kaspersky, CEO of Kaspersky Lab speaks at IP EXPO Europe 2016 and explains why he believes cyber-attackers are now turning their attention to critical national infrastructure.
Nearly all (86 percent) over-55s don't believe that they're targets for cyber-criminals.
On average, a single cyber-security incident now costs large businesses US $861,000 (£652,000). Meanwhile, small and medium businesses (SMBs) pay $86,500 (£65,500).
The ransomware RAA, which incorporates the information-stealing trojan Pony, has evolved to more effectively target companies, encrypting victims' files and stealing their data, most likely to infect their business contacts via spear-phishing.
Kaspersky Lab today released an analysis of a newly discovered version of Mokes - a malicious, cross-platform backdoor with spying functionality - this one targeting Apple's OS X operating system.
Kaspersky Lab has reportedly finished its self-titled OS which has been built from the ground up with the aim of protecting industrial control systems.
Kaspersky Lab researchers spotted the Ammyy Admin being used as a dropper trajan to install the Lurk trojan and other malware.
Botnets are getting bigger and DDoS attacks more frequent according to Kaspersky
According to Kaspersky, ATMs are far easier to get into that you might think
A thorough analysis of the ransomware Locky by Kaspersky Lab has yielded a series of highly detailed insights on the pernicious software, according the company's Securelist blog post.
Cyber-criminals on all sides of the globe have defeated time differences and language barriers to team up and drive the evolution of the ever-changing malicious tools used in attacks.
Kaspersky Lab's researchers think they've found an increasing incidence of APT groups using false flag tactics to throw off their pursuers
An updated version of Kaspersky's antivirus internet security product for Android now connects a user's smartphone or tablet that runs the security app with a smartwatch.
The amount of new mobile malware has tripled in 2015 in comparison to 2014.
Kaspersky Lab had discovered several new developments in the ongoing BlackEnergy Saga
The latest In Case You Missed It (ICYMI) looks at flaws found in Kerberos; EU announces 4% fines for data protection breaches; Kaspersky malware count falls; MitM attacks possible on Xbox; and how enterprise DDoS attacks are being blamed on competitors.
Kaspersky Lab's new malware count falls as cyber-criminals look to save money - but other AV providers dispute Kaspersky's figures.
A recent survey has revealed that 48 percent of businesses believe they know both the identity and motivation of those behind DDoS attacks carried out against them, a large portion of which believed it was their competitors orchestrating the attacks.
As reported yesterday, the VTech hackers purportedly made off with millions of pieces of customer information and have now been revealed to have stolen photos and private chat histories too.
Kaspersky and Dutch police have shut down these two strains of ransomware in a joint effort, arresting the authors and seizing the decryption keys.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- ICYMI: CEO Sacked; MS Zero-day; Passwords dropped; Ransomware wild, charging hack
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry