An email error made in Northern Ireland has accidentally leaked the personal details of hundreds of prison officers working in the country to an outside contractor.
Out of yet another leaky MongoDB database, star of the moment, Chris Vickery has discovered personal details which he thinks might lead back to a conservative religious organization in the US.
After the details of nearly 5000 HIV-positive customers were exposed in the Mongo DB database leaks, the researchers who reported the exposure have been accused of the crime itself.
White-hat researcher claims to have found the credentials of 25 million people - including 13 million MacKeeper users and 5,000 users of a dating app for HIV-positive singles - openly available online to hackers in MongoDB databases.
JD Wetherspoon, the British pub outfit, suffered a leak of its customer details, affecting over 650,000 customers, four times more than the TalkTalk hack.
A trove of documents leaked by an anonymous source has been released by The Intercept, revealing a truly devastating data breach against US intelligence.
Personal details of hundreds of UK public figures are among the estimated 33 million credentials leaked yesterday by hackers who breached the Ashley Madison adultery website.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- ICYMI: CEO Sacked; MS Zero-day; Passwords dropped; Ransomware wild, charging hack
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry