Liquid Document Control
October 01, 2008
Entry-level pricing starts at £23,775 for workgroups of up to 50 users
- Ease of Use:
- Value for Money:
- Overall Rating:
- Strengths: Granular amount of document control and management. FileShare Gateway gives extra value
- Weaknesses: Can be expensive for the smaller environments
- Verdict: A top-rate product that is a bit pricey for smaller installations
Liquid Machines' Document Control provides a vast scale of document protection across several applications, including Microsoft Office, Visio, and Adobe Acrobat. This product allows for core rights to be set and managed for both content and policy, even between different applications, as well as changing policy. This provides a high level of controllability.
This product is easy to use right out of the box. Setup wizards and intuitive configuration screens guide installation. Once the environment prerequisites have been met, the actual installation takes just a few minutes. From an administration standpoint, it is quite simple to manage, while creating policies is a simple and intuitive process. Clients are easily deployed and integrate directly into the user's applications, so document control and protection is also an effortless process.
Document Control has an extra feature that provides a better amount of control: FileShare Gateway provides the ability to assign policies to a fileshare on the network. Once a file is placed in the fileshare, it automatically gets the policy assigned by the application.
Documentation provided with this product includes an administration guide and the FileShare Gateway administration guide. The administration guide covers installation and configuration of both the server and client applications, while the FileShare Gateway guide covers all the necessary information. Both are well organised and easy to follow, with screenshots and configuration examples.
Liquid Machines software assurance provides maintenance and support services included with the purchase price. These include phone and web-based support during business hours; 24/7 support is also available.
Additionally, Liquid Machines Professional Services provides a wide range of offerings, including business requirements analysis, deployment planning, deployment, system integration and training.
With prices starting around £23,775 to get up and running for 50 users, this product may seem quite pricey. However, we rate this product good value because of its vast amount of capability and easy administration.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Information Security Risk Manager, £45-55k + bens
Infosec People - West Midlands, England, Coventry
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £55-63k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Aldershot, Hampshire
Security Architect, Cardiff - to £70k Basic
Infosec People - Cardiff, Wales
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Met Police grab suspect with phone unlocked to get hold of data
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- Same fate befalls Post Office broadband as hit DT?
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Former Expedia IT employee admits to hacking execs from the inside
- Cyber-insurance: What will you be able to claim for and is it worth it?
- Levelling the playing field against targeted attacks
- India Supreme Court calls on tech giants to curb sexual assault, cyber-crime
- IoTSF conference: EU should become de facto regulator