The teenage inventor of DDoS service Titanium Stresser has plead guilty to selling cyber attacks for money
Teenage Lizard Squad and PoodleCorp members arrested in international crackdown on DDoS-for-Hire service.October 11, 2016
Two teenage members of PoodleCorp and Lizard Squad face long prison sentences after an international investigation
Lizard Squad's LizardStresser botnet rising in popularity as hackers and cyber-criminals increasingly look to it as a way of assimilating IoT devices for later DDoS attacks
Lizard Squad is best known for launching DDoS attacks against Microsoft Xbox Live and Sony PlayStation Network, and doing so 'for the lulz!' SC Magazine UK has been pondering whether the motivation actually matters?
The latest In Case You Missed It (ICYMI) looks at Lizard Squad DDoS, Botnet growth, Qatar bank breached by facists, Hidden Open Source flaws, Ransomware surge.
Lizard Squad is back with a vengeance, according to an advisory from Action Fraud UK which is advising organisations to report the attacks, keep detailed records and seek help from their ISPs.
Despite looming threats the Xbox Live service and PlayStation Network (PSN) weren't shut down by any massive DDoS attacks.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- ICYMI: CEO Sacked; MS Zero-day; Passwords dropped; Ransomware wild, charging hack
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry