Over the weekend two security researchers spotted a Facebook spam campaign delivering Nemucod as well as Locky ransomware
After a two week break that saw few Locky ransomware attacks, the Cisco Talos research team discovered a new variety that sports not only a scatologically named extension for the encrypted files but another reference that insults Linux.
Another new ransomware type called Hades, uncovered this week by Proofpoint, that seems to pull in features from several older malware types.
A new analysis of Locky ransomware configurations by IT security firm Avira has revealed improved offline capabilities that enhance its ability to automatically encrypt victims' files, without interaction with a command-and-control server.
Forcepoint has come across a new Trojan downloader called Quant Loader that has been spotted distributing Locky Zepto crypto-ransomware and Pony malware.
A new version of Locky ransomware has been spotted sporting an improved delivery mechanism, better obfuscation which combined make it more difficult for anti-malware scanners to spot.
FireEye researchers have spotted a Locky ransomware campaign targeting the healthcare sector around the world
A cyber-vigilante took internet justice into his own hands when he infected the computer of an tech support scammer with Locky ransomware.
Trend Micro researchers spotted a new variant of Locky ransomware using Windows Scripting Files (WSF) as a downloader.
Dridex and Locky delivered to victims via compromised computers as the Necurs botnet, dark since late May, starts up again.
Ransomware has been labeled the biggest threat this year, but is it as dangerous as it's made out to be?June 01, 2016
Steve Donald says ransomware is emerging as the major cyber-threat of 2016 but what can organisations do to protect themselves?
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Information Security Risk Manager, £45-55k + bens
Infosec People - West Midlands, England, Coventry
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £55-63k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Aldershot, Hampshire
Security Architect, Cardiff - to £70k Basic
Infosec People - Cardiff, Wales
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- Met Police grab suspect with phone unlocked to get hold of data
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report