Nearly half (49 percent) of the UK public don't delete accounts on the web that they no longer use.
Scientific news service EurekAlert suffered a breach which saw the login details of thousands of journalists stolen. The company has now reformed the technology behind its website and is promising a brand new login system.
Cloud service data aggregator Datadog was hit with a data breach late last week and has sent a letter to its customers warning them to change their login credentials.
Sixty nine percent of wearable device owners say that they don't use login credentials such as passwords, PINs fingerprint scanners and voice recognition to access their devices.
A suspected Russian hacker claiming to have stolen 1.2 billion unique email and password combinations is being pursued by the FBI.
A Jaguar XFR may have been stolen using hacking techniques increasingly seen on keyless cars.
Hackers recently uncovered a man-in-the-middle vulnerability in a Samsung smart refrigerator.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- ICYMI: CEO Sacked; MS Zero-day; Passwords dropped; Ransomware wild, charging hack
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry