ManageEngine Password Manager Pro
November 01, 2008
£277 for two administrators (Standard Edition)
- Ease of Use:
- Value for Money:
- Overall Rating:
- Strengths: Easy to deploy and manage with many supported platforms
- Weaknesses: None that we found
- Verdict: Ease of deployment, small software footprint and superior pricing make ManageEngine our Recommended product
AdventNet's ManageEngine Password Manager Pro provides a complete system for password management in one simple web-based package. This product includes features that allow for password management across the entire enterprise via a centralised secure password vault. This allows administrators to enforce password policy and control user access to shared passwords and resources.
The ManageEngine can also provide administrators with a simple way to remotely change passwords on critical systems on a regular basis, lowering the risk of compromising the administrative and service accounts.
This product was quite easy to install and configure. The whole application is installed from a single executable, which installs the service, web services and administrative console. We simply logged into the intuitive web-based management interface and began configuring our target machines and accounts. Policies were quick and easy to configure and we had the whole system up and running in just a few minutes. From the user perspective we saw the same intuitiveness all the way from logging onto the system through managing resources.
The ManageEngine can plug directly into the environment and manage several platform types including Windows systems, Linux and Mac OS. This gives great flexibility along with direct interfacing with LDAP or Active Directory. The one comprehensive guide is well organised, providing detailed step-by-step configuration instructions as well as many screenshots for further illustration.
AdventNet provides both phone and email technical support as part of an annual service agreement as well as a small free support area on the website, which includes a user forum and troubleshooting tips. Customers can also get service pack updates as well as minor release upgrades.
At a price of £277 for two administrators with unlimited resources and users, this product is excellent value for the money. The ManageEngine provides a simple and effective way of managing passwords across the enterprise at a fair cost.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Information Security Risk Manager, £45-55k + bens
Infosec People - West Midlands, England, Coventry
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £55-63k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Aldershot, Hampshire
Security Architect, Cardiff - to £70k Basic
Infosec People - Cardiff, Wales
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Met Police grab suspect with phone unlocked to get hold of data
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- Same fate befalls Post Office broadband as hit DT?
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Former Expedia IT employee admits to hacking execs from the inside
- Cyber-insurance: What will you be able to claim for and is it worth it?
- Levelling the playing field against targeted attacks
- India Supreme Court calls on tech giants to curb sexual assault, cyber-crime
- IoTSF conference: EU should become de facto regulator