ManageEngine Password Manager Pro
November 01, 2008
£277 for two administrators (Standard Edition)
- Ease of Use:
- Value for Money:
- Overall Rating:
- Strengths: Easy to deploy and manage with many supported platforms
- Weaknesses: None that we found
- Verdict: Ease of deployment, small software footprint and superior pricing make ManageEngine our Recommended product
AdventNet's ManageEngine Password Manager Pro provides a complete system for password management in one simple web-based package. This product includes features that allow for password management across the entire enterprise via a centralised secure password vault. This allows administrators to enforce password policy and control user access to shared passwords and resources.
The ManageEngine can also provide administrators with a simple way to remotely change passwords on critical systems on a regular basis, lowering the risk of compromising the administrative and service accounts.
This product was quite easy to install and configure. The whole application is installed from a single executable, which installs the service, web services and administrative console. We simply logged into the intuitive web-based management interface and began configuring our target machines and accounts. Policies were quick and easy to configure and we had the whole system up and running in just a few minutes. From the user perspective we saw the same intuitiveness all the way from logging onto the system through managing resources.
The ManageEngine can plug directly into the environment and manage several platform types including Windows systems, Linux and Mac OS. This gives great flexibility along with direct interfacing with LDAP or Active Directory. The one comprehensive guide is well organised, providing detailed step-by-step configuration instructions as well as many screenshots for further illustration.
AdventNet provides both phone and email technical support as part of an annual service agreement as well as a small free support area on the website, which includes a user forum and troubleshooting tips. Customers can also get service pack updates as well as minor release upgrades.
At a price of £277 for two administrators with unlimited resources and users, this product is excellent value for the money. The ManageEngine provides a simple and effective way of managing passwords across the enterprise at a fair cost.
SC Webcasts UK
Sign up to our newsletters
DV Cleared Systems Architect - 6 Months - London
Computerfutures - London (North), London (Greater)
CISO – Chief Information Security Officer (Up to £100K)
Evolution Recruitment - London (North), London (Greater)
Head of Security Strategy – London
Evolution Recruitment - London (West), London (Greater)
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Associate Professor in Cyber Security and Networking
Edinburgh Napier University - Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Russia's Central Bank introduces new mandatory cyber-security regulations
- Singapore to shut off internet access for government agencies
- What exactly will this new bill of rights mean for privacy laws within the UK?
- Epic hack, thousands of salted logins stolen
- 6 in 10 universities hit by ransomware, 2/3 hit multiple times
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- Microsoft ends common password use and password lockout
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- 1.5 billion Windows computers potentially affected by unpatched 0-day exploit
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- ICYMI: Russian banks, Singapore, ransomware on campus, gaming hacks and more Snowden
- Advocacy groups urge FCC in the US to address connected car technology threat
- Lost devices leading cause of data breaches, report
- WhatsApp to share customer data with Facebook
- Hackers exploit vBulletin flaw to access 27M accounts on 11 websites