Researchers have uncovered security vulnerabilities in an insulin pump that had the potential to cost lives. SC asks if medical hardware device vulnerabilities are purely a technical problem, or whether a culture of insecurity is to blame...
A darkweb marketplace is now advertising nearly 10 million medical records apparently stolen from a large US insurance company
Doctors and nurses would rather save a patient's life than adhere to infosec best practices, according to new research into healthcare cyber-security.
Screens on a vital medical monitor went blank in the middle of a heart procedure in the US - officials blame human error for misconfigured AV software.
Security researchers have discovered 1,418 flaws in outdated medical equipment still in use by some healthcare providers.
Hospitals have taken a beating recently, not least from a new form of ransomware called SamSam that comes loaded with lethal new features.
A rash of ransomware attacks has hit Western hospitals in recent months, but could it happen to the NHS?
Three more hospitals have been hit with ransomware, in what seems to be an endless rash of hospital attacks.
Yet another breach on a medical organisation has meant the theft of names, diagnoses, treatments and social security numbers.
A ransomware campaign has hit two German hospitals, soon after another ransomware campaign hit a Los Angeles medical centre, and the clean up is set to take weeks.
Dr Adrian Davis of (ISC)2 spoke to SC about how cyber-security will affect all of our lives in the coming decade and how it can't be left up to the market to decide how.
Failure to build appropriate security into medical devices, combined with a lax user attitude, is exposing patients to cyber-risk.
Researchers have exploited critical vulnerabilities in two popular medical management platforms used in a host of services, including assisting surgeries and generating patient reports.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- ICYMI: CEO Sacked; MS Zero-day; Passwords dropped; Ransomware wild, charging hack
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry