WhatsApp messages of Turkish military officers involved in last week's failed coup have been published by state-run media outlets, prompting questions as to how exactly the Turkish government got in to the encrypted messaging app.
New cyber-security arms race between Russia and US, as Russia responds to US and western plans for increased military cyber-capabilities.
The alleged leader of ISIS' CyberCaliphate hacking group, Junaid Hussain, is believed to have been killed in a recent drone air strike
The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) has started taking applications to develop a stronger defence against distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks.
A new specially protected communications channel and mobile network is planned for the Ukraine military and government following military losses attributed to intercepted communications.
Russians concerned that sanctions could hit support for and even supply of Western software used in its defence sector.
Airbus Innovations Group has been awarded a £1.4 million contract to build a Virtual Cyber Centre of Operations (VCCO) for the military, with the aim of helping the MoD detect and respond to cyber-attacks.
The Royal Navy is under an increasing danger of cyber-attack and the government should ramp up training to deal with the threat.
The British government has kicked-off a £2 million contest to find new ways to protect the Ministry of Defence (MoD) computer systems from cyber-attacks using automated threat response.
When the UK Defence Secretary Philip Hammond announced he was establishing a Joint Cyber Reserve to create a cyber attack capability, reaction focussed on the 'attack' angle, but further questions also arose.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Russian intelligence claims to bust up pending banking cyber-attack
- Presidential commission calls for collaborative action to combat cyber-threats
- Russia's banks will be hacked today, apparently
- Met Police grab suspect with phone unlocked to get hold of data
- Researchers hack Visa cards in six seconds