Everyone is talking about mobile fraud but the threat is not as widespread as it is made out to be, says Helen Holmes.
A new approach to mobile user protection should focus on self-defending apps that provide an integrated, dedicated and secure solution to cyber-crime threats suggests Tom Lysemose Hansen
In the wake of the iCloud breach, security issues were a key considerration at yesterdays Apple launch of the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus, announcement of the highly-anticipated smartwatch, dubbed the Apple Watch, and its Apple Pay system.
Identity, payment and security need to become seamless and inherently more secure in themselves than anything we currently use for mobile identity, says Nick Barth.
What is claimed to be the first mobile malware to combine the unholy trinity of private data theft, banking credential theft/spoofing and remote access, has been discovered by researchers at FireEye.
Underlining the growing threat of mobile malware, security researchers revealed this week that powerful Russian cybercrime gangs are using the iBanking Android Trojan which is described as commercial quality and "one of the most expensive pieces of malware seen on the underground market".
Mobile banking transactions may be on the rise, but banks may face an uphill struggle to keep them secure from cyber-criminals.
Cyber criminals are "obsessed" with stealing money from banking apps and organisations "don't have a clue" where the next advanced attack is coming from, according to authoritative reports released this week.
Researchers at Lookout Security have found that mobile malware is becoming a big business, with cyber-criminals tweaking the method of their attack for different regions to avoid detection and improve profits.
The ability of Britain's major banks to withstand a crippling cyber attack will be tested next month in a 'war game' exercise called Operation Waking Shark 2.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Security Architect, Cardiff - to £70k Basic
Infosec People - Cardiff, Wales
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report