Mobile Enterprise Compliance and Security Server (MECS) v126.96.36.199 by M.A.D. Partners
July 01, 2014
Starts at £5.95 per device per year.
- Ease of Use:
- Value for Money:
- Overall Rating:
- Strengths: The simplicity of using the product.
- Weaknesses: No significant weaknesses.
- Verdict: This is worth looking at and is our Recommended product.
By design, not only is the MECS solution encrypting and securing device data traffic, it is able to provide real-time syslog of all IP traffic from every enrolled mobile device. This data can be exported for reporting, change management and real-time monitoring capabilities through any SIEM. MECS supports iPhone/iPad - iOS 6 and higher, and Android v2.2 and higher (Android 4.2 and higher required for "always-on VPN"). The MECS solution for iOS is a clientless, zero footprint agent. The Android solution requires a client-installed application. Policies are created for the integrated content filter, device-level security, firewall rules, application-inspection/remediation and jailbreak/root detection/remediation.
In addition, security policies are enforced on a personal device connecting to corporate email, preserving regulatory compliance.Documentation provided by Mobile Active Defence included an easy-to-follow admin user guide. From beginning to end it took about five minutes of actual effort to get the system up and running. The dashboard was easy to navigate. Even some of the more complex tasks were easy to perform without assistance. The console helps extend functions and restrictions of a company's security policy to mobile users. MECS allows admins to apply enterprise firewall policy rules to your mobile device users the same way you control traffic from your internal machines. In addition, the MECS URL filtering keeps users from accessing unacceptable, offensive, hostile and other policy-prohibited websites. As noted above, email protection helps keep mobile users safe from virus, spam, phishing and malware threats, while allowing them secure access to their email.
MAD offers free 24/7 customer and product support during the trial and evaluation period of its products. After purchase there is no free support. MAD offers 7/24/365 phone assistance for its products. The fee structure is 22 percent of the MSRP of the product being purchased for "MAD Onsite" or the appliance-based product. The cloud-based offering is 35 percent of the MSRP of the product being purchased. MAD also provides email support.
Again, we find this product is very good value for money.
Prices are US-based, thus indicative only.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Security Architect, Cardiff - to £70k Basic
Infosec People - Cardiff, Wales
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report