François Amigorena argues that multi-factor authentication impedes end users and slows them down in their jobs, and goes into detail about how context-aware security works in the background to secure users
New PCI regulation will include a heavy focus on multi-factor authentic, people, processes and encryption
Despite the LastPass security breach, password managers are still the most realistic method for ensuring we all use strong passwords, says Bill Carey.
Torben Andersen describes the top eight reasons why multi-factor authentication is a security best practice that CEOs need to ensure is implemented.
There are better paths to authentication than passwords, primarily using multifactor and biometric tools, says Peter Stephenson.
Philip Turner, the newly appointed GM for European Operations at US-based identity management specialists Okta, told SC Magazine that opening of its central London office is spearheading international expansion, with the company expected to open offices in the main European centres over the coming year.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Security Architect, Cardiff - to £70k Basic
Infosec People - Cardiff, Wales
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- Shodan finds confidential Europol terrorist dossiers
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report