June 01, 2004
nCircle Network SecurityProduct:
$36,250 Inc. 250 Active IP License + Hardware
- Ease of Use:
- Value for Money:
- Overall Rating:
Scalability, robustness, overall concept.
A very capable enterprise-level solution.
The IP360 protects your enterprise by using a distributed appliance model. Device Profilers may be deployed locally at individual sites but administered centrally and securely via the VnE Manager. Rules and scan configurations may be set according to policy and downloaded via secure communication to the Device Profilers.
These are rugged, disk-less devices (they have 32 MB of flash memory) that are easily deployed, either in a rack-mounted or free-standing manner. They communicate with the local environment and perform scans accordingly but are also in direct and secure communication with the centrally located VnE Manager.
This latter rack-mounted device is built like the proverbial battleship and looks like it would not be fazed by anything short of a huge disaster. Running on a streamlined operating system, the devices are set up for initial connectivity via a command line interface that may be accessed via the connection of a dumb terminal or a client PC via a serial connection.
Once set up, administration may be undertaken from a web browser from within the network with users and permissions established accordingly. The VnE Manager is additionally connected to your DNS, NTP and SMTP servers in order to facilitate communication, synchronization and messaging.
Everything you may expect in terms of configurable vulnerability scans and associated alert generation and reporting is catered for, plus features such as the multi-perspective assessment methodology. Automatic software and rule updates are provided to make this a near maintenance-free solution.
Everything about the IP360 suggests the designers really understand this area and are determined to provide you with a world class solution of the highest quality.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- ICYMI: CEO Sacked; MS Zero-day; Passwords dropped; Ransomware wild, charging hack
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry