With more companies adding tools that significantly increase the data flows used to analyse network traffic, a mythology seems to have been created surrounding security analytics according to Anton Chuvakin, research vice president at Gartner.
Security watchers warn of authentication and authorisation flaws in Windows network environments
Living in a networked world has its advantages, but it also leaves organisations vulnerable to exploitation by malware, inadvertent employee actions and malicious attacks, says Salo Fajer
App vulnerabilities need to be thought about holistically, so the network and database in which they reside also need to be considered says Josh Shaul.
The ever-changing threat landscape is causing problems, with many business networks unable to keep up with the pace of innovation, argues Gavin Millard.
The British Broadcasting Corporation was hit by a prolonged outage on its website and iPlayer video-on-demand service (VOD) last weekend, raising questions about the cause and whether it was subjected to a distributed-denial-of-service (DDoS) attack.
A new study from IT governance reveals that a half of IT staff believe that their company may have suffered a data breach without it being detected.
Knowing what's normal on the network will help identify attacks says Dirk Paessler
Importance of network visibility increases as complexity of modern enterprise networks increases: Enterprise Strategy Group survey.
Corporates need to invest in the human firewall - Forrester analyst
Managing control and compliance of mobile is key to collaborative working.
De-perimeterisation, wireless, mobility and sophisticated threats have rejuvenated the adoption of network access control (NAC) technologies.
January 2014 will mark ten years since the Jericho Forum announced its concept of 'deperimeterisation', with regards to network IT.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry