NextLabs Enterprise DLP
June 01, 2010
Starts at £4,400
- Ease of Use:
- Value for Money:
- Overall Rating:
- Strengths: Full enterprise DLP with integration into many applications
- Weaknesses: Documentation could be consolidated into a more streamlined package
- Verdict: Quite expensive but lots of features and good performance
NextLabs Enterprise DLP provides solid protection against data loss and leakage by using policy enforcers for file shares, laptops and desktops, as well as application integration with SharePoint, Outlook and Lotus. It can also control document access and limit the use of unauthorised applications and devices throughout the network with the use of a single management and control centre.
We found the installation of this product to be fairly straightforward. It consists of installing the Control Center server and the Policy Studio and deploying the Policy Enforcers (agents). The Control Center provides an interface for carrying out administration tasks such as managing Enforcers, whereas the Policy Studio provides an intuitive console to design, build and deploy policies.
Policies can be simply configured and managed with direct integration into the already existing Active Directory users, groups and computers. We found policies could easily be created to be quite finely detailed or very broad and organised into various folders, so locating them for deployment was simple. Policy Manager was a useful tool as well. This application allows for an overview of policies at various stages such as draft, pending, deployed and deactivated.
The documentation is abundant. Provided are several PDF guides that cover various sections with well-organised formats, step-by-step instructions and many screenshots. While we found these guides to be very useful we had trouble keeping track of which one we would need to look at to find what we were looking for. Streamlined documentation is key to finding answers efficiently and 20 different guides do not help to accomplish that goal.
NextLabs offers multiple support levels that include various options, such as software updates and maintenance, email and phone support, proactive support communications, access to a support portal, an assigned technical support representative and after hours response. The web-based support portal includes a knowledgebase, product downloads and documentation.
At a price of £4,400 for the servers and £50 to £170 for the enforcers, this product can become quite pricey. However it does offer some flexible integration features, which is why we find it to be good value for the money.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry