October 06, 2004
$10,995 NSAS package start at $2,000 for ten concurrent users.
- Ease of Use:
- Value for Money:
- Overall Rating:
Extensive access control options.
Combing the access control system with the client integrity checks produces a comprehensive security facility.
Nokia's IP380 offers SSL VPN support through its NSAS (Nokia Secure Access System) facility. NSAS administration is browser based, but has a different layout to the "Voyager" system management interface. This is just as easy to use and presents no problems in practice. NSAS can also use the serial interface if required.
NSAS provides logging for gateway operations and user request auditing. There are viewing facilities that can be refined to focus on areas of particular interest, such as authentication failures or a particular user's activities. Logs are maintained in the device, but can also be sent to an external log server.
Users access can be controlled by one or more authentication methods, that are used in sequence until a match is made or the user is denied access.
Access to resources is controlled both by global access rules and individual resource rules. A resource can be globally allowed or denied; in which case no further checking is done, or "deferred" in which the individual resource ACL (Access Control List) is checked.
The online help is generally detailed and well-organized, but can be less than helpful. When looking for help on adding an authentication method, for example, the system advised us to "use the Manage Authentication Methods page to add an authentication method to the gateway." We did find more detailed information in the accompanying documentation.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry