Worried that its data was at risk, particularly in the aftermath of the London terrorist attack three years ago, the Diocese of Westminster has completed an upgrade to a fully networked back-up architecture
A hacker may have obtained the personal information of University of Arizona employees, as well as details of the institution's financial transactions.
Bill Hancock, who, despite being legally blind, parlayed a gregarious demeanor into a career as an information security icon and cyber-risk and network best practices advocate, died Monday. He was 49.
Organizers for the longtime spam-fighting organization Open Relay DataBase (ORDB) announced this week that they are calling it quits due to the growing irrelevance of the project in light of spammers' changing methodology.
Not even Santa Claus is safe from hackers this year, as StopBadware.org reported today that a philanthropist with the legal name of Santa Claus had his site targeted by hackers who uploaded an iframe that installed malicious software onto visitors' computers
Two months after the U.S. population reached 300 million people, the nation realized a more troubling statistical milestone when the Privacy Rights Clearinghouse today reported that more than 100 million records have been exposed since the ChoicePoint data breach.
Few would dispute the powerful link between social engineering and the success of a cyberattack in today's financially-driven threat landscape. So now, for the first time, the SANS Institute has named human error to its twice-annual Top 20 Internet Security Attack Targets list, a line-up that, until now, was reserved solely for technology.
Symantec's worldwide phishing-reporting network, previously restricted to member companies, will now be open to home consumers.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- The information security implications of M&A deals
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success