UK Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs) are winning some battles and losing others when it comes to improving their firm's information security practices, according to a new report.
The emergence of services such as cloud computing, data analysis, social business and mobility has brought corporate IT to what market research company IDC has dubbed the "third platform". But Wieland Alge asks, what will the third platform mean for the CIO role?
Outsourcing your CISO is an option medium sized organisations should consider says Carl Shallow, who advises a Pay As You Go model to buy in expertise.
A holistic approach to security management is needed to bridge the gap between stategy and technology says Chris Yule.
It's not enough to protect your own network, you also have to be prepared to cope with third party negligence, says Brian Foster.
Third Party IT services suppliers must reassess governance, risk management and compliance responsibilities.
Trustwave's annual Global Security Report reveals that the number of data breaches is increasing, and yet a significant number of organisations remain blind to the threat, or unable to detect what caused the intrusion.
What should businesses be doing to ensure that contractors and other third-parties are aware of the risks in security? That was one of the key questions during a panel discussion at Infosecurity 2014 in London on Thursday.
Cloud storage will be a hacking magnet suggests David Emm, with the most vulnerable point of entry for attackers being staff.
Businesses are rapidly adopting an outsourced, third-party information technology operations model.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- ICYMI: CEO Sacked; MS Zero-day; Passwords dropped; Ransomware wild, charging hack
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry