Sir Julian King recommended for appointment to commissioner for Security Union of European ParliamentSeptember 14, 2016
The Civil Liberties Committee recommends that Sir Julian King should be appointed as commissioner for Security Union.
The leader of the Labour party has announced his intention to draw up a digital bill of rights, installing a constitutional settlement for online privacy for UK citizens
Dr Liam Fox MP, Former Secretary of State for Defence has put forward several proposals in a speech yesterday at the Royal United Services Institute including prosecution for organisations that don't report their breaches.
William Binney, the former NSA technical director turned whistleblower gave evidence to the joint select committee on the Draft Investigatory powers bill with some unkind words for bulk collection and interception.
The secure network of the UK parliament has been breached and some of its computers compromised by hackers.
After a legal challenge by Caroline Lucas MP and Baroness Jones a tribunal has made the "Wilson Doctrine" not legally binding.
The Home Office admits accidentally publishing the personal details of nearly 1,600 illegal immigrants.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Information Security Risk Manager, £45-55k + bens
Infosec People - West Midlands, England, Coventry
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £55-63k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Aldershot, Hampshire
Security Architect, Cardiff - to £70k Basic
Infosec People - Cardiff, Wales
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Met Police grab suspect with phone unlocked to get hold of data
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- Same fate befalls Post Office broadband as hit DT?
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Former Expedia IT employee admits to hacking execs from the inside
- Cyber-insurance: What will you be able to claim for and is it worth it?
- Levelling the playing field against targeted attacks
- India Supreme Court calls on tech giants to curb sexual assault, cyber-crime
- IoTSF conference: EU should become de facto regulator