Passlogix v-GO Access Accelerator Suite
September 02, 2010
£58 for full suite for one user
- Ease of Use:
- Value for Money:
- Overall Rating:
- Strengths: Full single sign-on, credential management and account provisioning
- Weaknesses: High cost for the full suite
- Verdict: If you are a Passlogix customer do not pass this up. However, it is most effective with the entire suite
The v-GO Access Accelerator Suite from Passlogix offers up a lot of functionality packaged into several small applications. The centre of the suite is v-GO Single Sign-On, which allows for users to access any Windows, web, Java, Citrix or mainframe application with a single Windows account.
Other parts of the suite include: Shared Accounts Manager, which allows users to check out privileged or shared accounts; Provisioning Manager that preloads user IDs and passwords into the v-GO repository; and Self-Service Password Reset, which allows Windows users to easily reset their own password.
While this product contains a lot of modules, each module installs quickly and easily. We found it very easy to get everything installed and up and running with no trouble at all. The management consoles on the applications are also quite intuitive and for most of the features we were able to use them just by clicking around, without the need to check the documentation.
Passlogix v-GO fully integrates into the environment to streamline account and password management, as well as providing accountability to those who need access to privileged or shared accounts. The applications in the suite allow for easy setup and management of credentials, even with custom applications.
Documentation included a getting-started guide and other user manuals. We found all of these to be well organised and easy to follow, with many step-by-step instructions, screenshots and configuration examples.
Passlogix provides standard customer support at a cost of 20 per cent of the licence price via telephone, email and a customer support website. The user portal Passportal includes many resources, such as product documentation and a knowledgebase. For an extra cost customers seeking additional help and attention can elect to purchase access to a technical account manager who will act as a customer liaison within Passlogix and be the primary escalation point for all project issues.
At a price of £58 per user for the entire suite this product can become quite expensive in large-scale environments. Customers can leverage the v-GO Single Sign-On portion for £36 per user as well. The suite provides some very solid features and is good value for money.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Security Architect, Cardiff - to £70k Basic
Infosec People - Cardiff, Wales
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report