Researchers from a collection of universities in China and the US have apparently created a method of discovering passwords by looking for the interference that body movement makes in WiFi signals.
About 15 percent of all home routers are unsecure, according to a study recently released by ESET.
As Amazon uncovers login credential list online, does controversial GCHQ password advice still stand?October 13, 2016
The unveiling of a new surprise from Amazon may tell us surprising new things about the continuing usefulness of passwords, so does GCHQ's landmark advice still stand?
L0phtCrack is back, 19 years old and updated for the first time in six years, version 7 is apparently 500 times faster
OneLogin has confirmed that a bug has allowed a hacker to view some of its customers' encrypted Secure Notes.
Browser company confirms sync servers breached, exposing passwords of millions of users
Two security vulnerabilities have been found and fixed in password manager LastPass. One by prolific security-vulnerability finder Tavis Ormandy, and the other by Mathias Karlsson of Detectify Labs.
Unfortunately, the GoToMYPC service has been targeted by a 'very sophisticated password attack', says GoToMYPC
TalkTalk confirms that firm does not use TeamViewer, while TeamViewer confirms position of innocence -- problem still exists, move your mouse if you're in a panic.
It seems that the Facebook founder has committed one of the cardinal sins of cyber-security and used the same password for different accounts, resulting in a public shaming.
5 May 2016 is World Password Day.
Recent warranty fraud attempts on Fitbit have occurred in the last few months, with customer service being barraged with emails from customers claiming that their device is not working as expected and demanding replacements.
Security watchers warn of authentication and authorisation flaws in Windows network environments
A recent report by the ICS-Cert advisory states that the Midas and Midas black gas detectors made by Honeywell are vulnerable to attack. The hack allows people to modify the the settings of the device without proper authentication.
Hard-coded username allowed access to the McAfee Enterprise Security Manager as master user without authentication or password.
Having recently rushed to fix a vulnerability on one of its products, Advantech has reportedly opened up the door for new vulnerabilities.
A massive breach has hit kid's toy company, Vtech, and the details of millions of parents, and children, have been stolen.
Amazon has suddenly force-reset many of it's customers passwords after a vulnerability scare
Yahoo has redesigned its mobile mail app and it doesn't need a password.
Banking can be a rollercoaster of emotion, depending on the size of your bank balance, but one technology company is taking it to a new level.
A team of Dutch scientists is proposing a new security system for credit cards and passports which uses the power of quantum physics - and which is apparently 'impossible to hack'.
This week's In Case You Missed It looks at the five most popular articles on SC, including weak passwords exposed in the Sony Pictures breach and the return of the Poodle flaw.
One in four consumers has been a victim of identity theft, an issue which came out as the leading concern among 1,000 respondents in a survey commissioned by Centrify.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry