Payment Card Industry
David Poole discusses how technology and the internet have transformed our payment process and the issues that come with these new developments.
A group of four banks in Australia want customers to be able to use the banks' own mobile apps when conducting financial transactions with Apple Pay.
The six-month anniversary of chipped credit cards is coming up on 1 April and the general consensus in the industry on the rollout is "so far so good."
The PCI SSC has pushed back the date by which members must change to a secure version of TLS (currently 1.1 or higher); the migration is being revised today and pushed back from June 2016 to June 2018.
The personal information of 150,000 customers of an as-yet-unnamed casino was compromised following an incursion by the "Fin5" hacking group.
The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is intended to help organisations ensure the safe handling of sensitive payment card data. But it can also present significant (and potentially expensive) regulatory hurdles, says Matthew Bryars.
Matthew Bryars, CEO of Aeriandi, analyses the threat of insider fraud and what contact centres can do to minimise risk
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Security Architect, Cardiff - to £70k Basic
Infosec People - Cardiff, Wales
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- Shodan finds confidential Europol terrorist dossiers
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report