The popularity of Pokémon Go is continuing to attract scammers looking to exploit users in search of a leg up in the game.
Even after quelling the initial privacy issues that arose from the launch of Pokemon Go, Niantic Labs CEO John Hanke has a spotted history
Every new technology, especially if it's aimed at children, has been met with consternation by those who don't yet understand it, and Pokémon Go is proving to be no exception.
ICYMI: Spotting encrypted malware; Russia attacked; Power plant malware; Malicious Pokemon; Amazon breached?July 15, 2016
The latest In Case You Missed It (ICYMI) looks at Spotting encrypted malware; attacks on Russia; Malware in power plant and more
Security researchers find malicious versions of Pokemon GO app, while the firm behind new gaming frenzy Pokémon GO, Niantic, apologises for privacy mishaps.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry