Slovakia is in the process of drafting its first cyber-security law which will address not only the security of finance and health but also critical utilities infrastructure.
The challenges facing the central and eastern Europe (CEE) region are revealed in these three video interviews with speakers at CYBERSEC 2016 in Krakow, Poland last week.
No countries are cyber ready. That was the message from Melissa Hathaway, author of the Cyber Readiness Index and former presidential advisor at the first opening plenary speech at CYBERSEC 2016.
Dr Joanna Świątkowska says that a comprehensive, multi-dimensional strategy in necessary for cyber-defence, and for Poland, the need for national defence is an opportunity to build an export business in cyber-security.
The latest In Case You Missed It (ICYMI) looks at BT outage; Euro CNI vulnerable; 4 rail attacks; Polish telco breached; ransomware uses cloud
A group claiming to be a far-right Ukrainian nationalist group has attempted to blackmail the Polish ministry of defence.
Customer data including bank details entered on web forms lost in major data breach at Polish telecom operator.
IBM's X-Force reported today the actors behind the hybrid GozNym banking trojan have released a new configuration that is targeting European banks.
A strain of malicious code written entirely in Python, dubbed PWOBot, has been discovered infecting a number of organisations based in Europe, specifically in Poland.
The Polish government has drafted a new cyber-security strategy as part of plans to encourage growth.
Poland moves to unify cyber-security response and bolster its defences in the wake of Russian hybrid warfare against neighbouring Ukraine.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Russian intelligence claims to bust up pending banking cyber-attack
- Presidential commission calls for collaborative action to combat cyber-threats
- Russia's banks will be hacked today, apparently
- Met Police grab suspect with phone unlocked to get hold of data
- Researchers hack Visa cards in six seconds