Having recently rushed to fix a vulnerability on one of its products, Advantech has reportedly opened up the door for new vulnerabilities.
Apple has taken down its recommendation that Mac OS X users deploy anti-virus technology.
Apple, whose market share is growing among computer users, is now recommending that consumers consider applying anti-virus protection to their machines.
The PC maker announces security enhancements to its business laptops.
Home PC users who want to protect their pictures and music from damage can secure their files by installing Webroot's new backup system.
Mozilla is trying to refute the notion that the buggier the software, the less secure it is.
Taylor Woodrow, one of the UK's largest construction companies, is to give all its staff access to Google Apps, backed by the internet giant's security products
The Spain headquartered security-as-a-service provider has released its portfolio into the British market, building on the back of contract wins from McDonalds and Hilton Hotels
University researchers are developing artificial intelligence software which can be loaded onto CCTV cameras to enable them to locate incidents by noise alone
Newcastle Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is tieing together its building and computing access systems to vastly simplify its operations
Security lecturers from a leading Netherlands university travelled to London last week to crack the Oyster smart card, clone it and get a free day's travel, while they pursue an open source alternative
The security company has released a free beta version of a software product which aims to prevent malware from infecting Windows Mobile devices
The software vendor has unveiled its new approach to internet security, which means transferring the workload off individual PCs and into the internet
Businesses will be able to roll out IP-based surveillance using their Cisco networking gear, following the introduction of a CCTV module into the integrated service routers this week
The security vendor has released version 5.0 of its WorryFree range, while adding a new product to try to secure online retailers in the fight against credit card thieves
The company is to bring to market next month a GPS and 3G enabled datacard which should give IT administrators 24/7 visibility of users' mobile devices
The security vendor is to offer a UTM appliance to the SME market after it reported sales up nearly a quarter year-on-year
The storage companies say they will work together to integrate EMC's RSA Key Manager for the datacentre offering with Brocade's forthcoming fabric-based encryption technology, aiming to make it easier for datacentre managers to reliably encrypt their data
On the day that Microsoft jumped into the burgeoning virtualization market, VMware - the pioneer and industry leader in this technology - announced on Wednesday a new product that significantly enhances and simplifies security virtual machines.
SC Webcasts UK
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry