We like a product that actually is a solution. Solution is one of those hype-laden marketing buzzwords that says, “We’re not sure why you need this but it’s a solution.”
The problem this tool is addressing is twofold: lack of visibility in the cloud and inefficient security controls.
The silver bullet of data security is encryption. Simple, right? Not so fast…there are several issues, especially in a virtual environment, that make that simple statement a little more difficult in practice.
Kaspersky has built itself up from a purveyor of anti-virus software to a full-blown security management company and has now moved into the virtual environment with this offering. Right from the first, we were impressed.
We’ve seen user isolation in the cloud before and some of it is very effective. Typically, users are directed to a cloud service that spots malware and then refuses to deliver content that is infected.
Cloud-based file-sharing and collaboration services are the bane of most organisations because they are not, of themselves, secure.
The Boldon James Classifier bundle is a comprehensive data leakage prevention solution that is easy to implement in organisations large and small.
Code Green Network's TrueDLP product is an extremely effective solution to data leak protection.
Identity Finder Sensitive Data Manager takes a robust approach to data leakage prevention, offering maximum security across almost any networked device.
TITUS Classification Suite approaches data classification in a unique way: By giving power back to the user while double-checking with automated analysis.
SC Webcasts UK
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Security researcher blasts United Airlines' bug bounty programme
- Video: Young and gifted codebreakers compete in cyber-security masterclass final
- Social engineering: hacker tricks that make recipients click
- Five last minute retail risk mitigations for Black Friday weekend
- Anonymous' Twitter war hits stumbling block
- ISSE Berlin: Germany to promote 'digital sovereignty'
- Purchasing cyber-insurance without a proven security system will leave businesses out of pocket
- Sophisticated Apple Phishing Email making the rounds
- ISSE Berlin: Safe Harbour II initial agreement expected
- 2015 worst year in history for Mac malware