High-Tech Bridge CEO Ilia Kolochenko advised a crowd at today's FT Cyber-Summit that we should all "keep is simple", as most breaches happen due to "obvious" mistakes.
SC Congress Toronto 2016: Finish Line leverages IT auditing service to secure increase in cyber budgetJune 03, 2016
In the perennial corporate tug-of-war over budget, Finish Line's director of security and compliance Cory Deeter recently relied on an independent security assessment service to influence upper-level executives to increase funding for cyber-security initiatives.
Growing technological change is a double-edged sword for CEOs in technology, media and entertainment and telecoms (communications) as concerns over skills and cyber-security risks continue to bring them down.
As cyber-attacks on UK companies continue to hit new heights, some industry bods are surprised, not at how high the numbers are, but how low.
A survey by PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) claimed that incidents of cyber-security breach have climbed a record 117 percent during the year in India.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Information Security Risk Manager, £45-55k + bens
Infosec People - West Midlands, England, Coventry
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £55-63k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Aldershot, Hampshire
Security Architect, Cardiff - to £70k Basic
Infosec People - Cardiff, Wales
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Met Police grab suspect with phone unlocked to get hold of data
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- Same fate befalls Post Office broadband as hit DT?
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Over 400,000 phishing sites have been detected each month in 2016
- TalkTalk customers urged to get routers swapped over hacker fears
- Report: Mirai 'is just the tip of the iceberg'
- Avalanche takedown involved searches in 40 countries
- India Supreme Court calls on tech giants to curb sexual assault, cyber-crime