Quest One Identity Solution
September 02, 2010
From £28.32 per enabled user
- Ease of Use:
- Value for Money:
- Overall Rating:
- Strengths: Highly flexible end-to-end identity management product
- Weaknesses: Nothing that we found
- Verdict: Lots of strong features and easy to use. This one is Recommended
Quest One Identity Solution offers full-scale service account provisioning and management. It allows administrators to implement single sign-on, strong authentication, password and privileged account management and user account provisioning, all in one place. It can also provide end-to-end account lifecycle management from initial account provisioning through to account termination, in one easy-to-use product.
We found this product to be quite easy to install and configure. The suite itself consists of many components of which the most important is the ActiveRoles Server. Once all of the various components are installed all the administration is completed through the console, which still has the same look and feel of a Windows Management Console and provides instant familiarity for administrators.
Quest One Identity is highly configurable and provides a great deal of flexibility for even the most complex environments. It can natively integrate with Windows, Unix, Linux and Mac operating systems, as well as any OATH-compliant OTP product. It also provides solid workflow support and workflows can easily be created and managed with just a few clicks of the mouse.
Documentation for this product includes several PDF installation and administrator guides that focus on specific components of the full suite. We found these to be well organised and easy to follow, with many screenshots and configuration examples.
Quest Software provides one year of basic support with the purchase of the product. Both extended and premium support options are available at an additional cost as part of a contract. Options include phone and email assistance and access to an online portal that contains a knowledgebase and many other resources.*
At a price starting at about £28.32 per user for the whole suite we find Quest One Identity Solution to be excellent value for the money, as it is a complete identity product. It contains several great features and has the flexibility to meet the needs of even some of the most complex environments.
*In the US. Contact regional offices for local support details.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry