Hundreds of different banking Trojans attack Android users, one being Android.SmsSpy.88.origin, which was first spotted in 2014.
Sitting in the F-Secure Labs in Helsinki, Sean Sullivan, security researcher at F-Secure warned that the "future is extortion" as cyber-criminals target small-to-medium size enterprises for high returns.
The latest In Case You Missed It: Bank of England simulation, ransomware photo threat, 2015 worst for Mac malware, Russiab cyber-warfare lead, RSA report.
BleepingComputer.com's editor Lawrence Abrams is reporting that a new version of the Cryptowall ransomware has been released, and has released details of why it's more of a threat than ever before.
Neutrino Exploit Kit has been observed targeting CVE-2015-5119, an Adobe Flash Player zero-day vulnerability.
Hackers exploiting Flash vulnerability to infect machines with Ransomware
Security professionals are being warned of a 'serious threat' from cyber-criminals using free web apps to distribute malware including Zeus, DOFOIL, CryptoWall and other ransomware.
Ransomware evolving onto the Android platform - and using TOR to hide its communications.
Get your incident response plan in place, and practice it if you want to ensure you're back up and running quickly following a breach says Ted Julian.
Details of 600,000 French and Belgian customers to be released tonight if ransom not paid today say hackers.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry