A Malwarebytes analysis of the espionage toolkit that recently infected Vietnam Airlines revealed a modular variant of the Korplug remote access trojan (RAT) that in this case disguises itself as a McAfee antivirus program.
Researchers discovered a RAT that targets Android phones in China and Japan and appears to select victims based on their devices' IMEI codes.
Operation Ke3chang, the APT that in 2013 was discovered targeting Europe-based Ministries of Foreign Affairs, not only apparently remains active but also seems to be leveraging a new family of malware called TidePool.
Both Dyre and Dridex Trojans now use a combination of local redirection and RAT to effectively escape detection by current anti-fraud and security tools, but Uri Rivner says real-time behaviour analysis can still spot the bad guys.
Norwegian police and Europol feel collars of five cyber-criminals who are believed to be behind the MegalodonHTTP RAT.
Europol and a variety of law enforcement around Europe were involved in an affair leading to 12 people being arrested for using remote access Trojans (RATs).
Hong Kong activists have been targetted via Dropbox according to FireEye, with the Chinese government the top suspects.
Using individual user's behaviour patterns can identify both the individual and Bot activity to thwart RATs says Uri Rivner
A Middle Eastern cyber-group seeking higher levels of access to specific networks has turned its focus to IT security personnel.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- ICYMI: CEO Sacked; MS Zero-day; Passwords dropped; Ransomware wild, charging hack
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry