The TeamViewer Reddit community is currently in upheavel, claiming that TeamViewer is the cause of their computers being infected and with malware and financial accounts emptied.
Reddit announced it would require users to reset their passwords following the release of a dataset containing 100 million LinkedIn emails and password combinations from a 2012 breach.
Reddit may - or may not have - received a 'national security letter' which forces them to hand over data about users on the popular news website, but also imposes a gag order which stops them talking about it.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- ICYMI: CEO Sacked; MS Zero-day; Passwords dropped; Ransomware wild, charging hack
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry