Reflex Interceptor 1000
August 01, 2007
- Ease of Use:
- Value for Money:
- Overall Rating:
- Strengths: Easy set-up and easy to manage with a nice dashboard
- Weaknesses: We didn't come across any serious issues during testing
- Verdict: A bit touchy on the IPS and a little bit pricey, but generally speaking, this is a well thought-out, easy-to-deploy and user-friendly product
The Reflex Interceptor 1000 is an IPS with a twist. In addition to offering a highly capable IPS with protection for such vectors as intrusions, malicious content, denial of service and anomalies, this appliance can be equipped with gateway virus protection and many other features.
This is made possible by the Reflex Command Center (RCC). These devices work together to provide protection on many fronts, along with features such as security information management and IP to ID identity management.
This product was quick to set up and easy to manage. The management console is a Java- based application that can be installed on any Windows client on the network of the management port.
The interface dashboard provides many easy-to-read near real-time charts and graphs of network activity, as well as displays alerts and events. Navigating the interface itself was simple and intuitive.
We found policy configuration to be straightforward too. Policy signatures are well organised and can be enabled and set to block with a simple click of the mouse.
The device performed nicely under test. The alerts from our attacks were clearly displayed and easy to drill down into. We did find it a bit tricky to get the appliance to actually filter the attacks, but overall it caught most of them.
This product comes with great documentation. When we first unpacked the Command Center and the Interceptor and saw a lot of ports and cables, we thought it was going to be a difficult deployment, but the quick- installation guide gave excellent step-by-step instructions and we had the device set up in no time. A user manual, packed with helpful screenshots, provides more in-depth policy configuration and detailed information on alerts and reports.
Reflex Security offers two support plans. The standard option includes unlimited telephone and email support during office hours, with an average incident response time of four hours. The premium plan includes unlimited telephone and email support, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, with an average incident response time of two hours.
Priced at £19,999, this product represents good value for money. It provides a great deal of protection, a lot of nice features, and intuitive management.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- ICYMI: CEO Sacked; MS Zero-day; Passwords dropped; Ransomware wild, charging hack
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry