Treasury Committee member Steve Baker MP questioned the FCA about the lack of IT expertise on the board of directors, saying it was crucial to understanding complex banking systems.
Its not security awareness, but changing behaviour that's the problem, and it takes time and effort to get it right delegates were told at InfoSec 2016.
Report examines how the direct and indirect economic costs accrue for a hypothetical cyber-attack on the UK's critical national infrastructure.
Study of 450 UK IT and security professionals uncovers insufficient planning and lack of clear ownership as major inhibitors to achieving cyber resilience.
It's Security Serious Week, a campaign designed to bring industry experts together to make others more serious about cyber-security.
FireEye's EMEA president, Richard Turner discusses its new Advanced Threat Report
The weather, or even simple mis-configuration, are threats to critical infrastructure, but in an emergency, could government now run privatised utilities?
The ability to detect and respond when your security is breached are of paramount importance in ensuring organisational resilience says Alan Calder.
Cyber attack simulation excercises managed by CREST to boost banks' cooperation and resilience.
Resiliency is moving up the agenda, for both attackers and defenders, says Fred Kost, who adds that systems need to be built - and tested - to assure safety.
The UK has joined the World Economic Forum's 'Partnering for Cyber Resilience initiative'.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Information Security Risk Manager, £45-55k + bens
Infosec People - West Midlands, England, Coventry
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £55-63k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Aldershot, Hampshire
Security Architect, Cardiff - to £70k Basic
Infosec People - Cardiff, Wales
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Met Police grab suspect with phone unlocked to get hold of data
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- Same fate befalls Post Office broadband as hit DT?
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Over 400,000 phishing sites have been detected each month in 2016
- TalkTalk customers urged to get routers swapped over hacker fears
- Report: Mirai 'is just the tip of the iceberg'
- Avalanche takedown involved searches in 40 countries
- India Supreme Court calls on tech giants to curb sexual assault, cyber-crime