Kristine Olson-Chapman advises senior executives and IT security professionals on how to manage the challenges of cyber-security by using a risk-based approach
Andrew Dalglish explains the potential risk for UK businesses as a result of so many not being prepared for an attack, plus looks at common weaknesses in current cyber-security and how they might be overcome.
Major risk of hack attacks against databases are possible due to millions of systems on the internet that offer services which should not be exposed to the public.
Three quarters of UK consumers would stop doing business or cancel memberships with an organisation if it was hacked.
Over a third of people have heard friends, colleagues and even strangers sharing their full credit and debit card details in public while on the phone.
Cyber-risk remains the number one overall concern of the financial industry to the broader economy.
In the rush to be first to market many organisations overlook basic IoT security principles, putting users at risk. Thomas Fischer urges, take time to build robust security protocols into products, rather than trying to retroft them.
The World Economic Forum's annual Global Risk report lists cyber-attacks as one of the biggest dangers in an ever more connected world.
Collecting data needs to be diverse allowing data collection directly off of network devices and from questionnaires and other "soft" sources.
The US National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) has published a guide to whitelisting, aimed at helping organisations implement an important defensive security technology - application whitelisting.
The SC Congress NY conference took place yesterday, 20 October.
While still a relatively immature industry, cyber insurance can reduce the costs of recovering from a breach, and, as Tony Morbin reports, it can also play a role in driving adoption of best practice, including de-facto standards in critical infrastructure.
Revelations of government surveillance are fuelling a paranoia that isn't going to subside. So should firms be afraid of adopting cloud?
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report